Promoting peace through mutual respect, understanding and cooperation - one community, one individual at a time.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Paul Trinchero: An Unforgettable Experience in Lexington

Paul Trinchero participated in an internship from September 1997 through December 1998.  He worked at the Marriott Griffin Gate.  Since 2000, he has worked as a concierge at the Hotel Raphael - a 5 star hotel in the heart of Paris.  

Unforgettable Experience in Lexington


Je me rappelle en cette fin septembre, début octobre 1997 partir pour un lieu inconnu « Lexington ».

Il avait été facile d’accepter cette proposition, mais j’ai bien déchanté une fois  arrivé là-bas car mon niveau d’anglais était vraiment très faible.

Il y a eu certains soirs un peu difficiles mais qui ont été vite effacés par l’accueil, la gentillesse et la disponibilité des personnes.

J’ai été hébergé les premiers mois par la famille Timoney avec qui je suis toujours en contact. C’est pour moi une seconde famille.

L’accueil à Lexington a vraiment été formidable, ce qui m’a permis une intégration au sein de l’hôtel Marriott Griffin Gate assez rapide.

Je quittais l’hôtellerie française pour l’hôtellerie américaine.

Leurs méthodes de travail étaient bien différentes des nôtres ce qui nous a permis d’échanger et de progresser ensemble.

D’ailleurs, ils m’ont fait assez vite confiance ce qui m’a ouvert d’autres opportunités au sein de l’hôtel, chose qui aurait été improbable au sein d’un hôtel en France sans avoir l’expérience du poste.

Je suis revenu bilingue et j’occupe à ce jour un poste de concierge dans un petit palace Parisien et ce grâce à mon séjour à Lexington.

J’ai vécu une expérience INOUBLIABLE tant sur le plan professionnel que personnel .

J’en profite pour remercier toutes les personnes impliquées dans ces échanges.

English: 

I remember a late September and early October 1997departure for an unknow place called « Lexington ».

It had been easy to accept this proposal, but I was very really disappointed to arrive there because my level of English was really weak.

There were some evenings a bit difficult but were quickly erased by the welcome, friendliness and helpfulness of the people.

I was lodged the first few months by the Timoney family with whom I’m still in contact. This is for me my second family.

The welcome in Lexington was really great, which allowed me to integrate into the Marriott Griffin Gate quite quickly.

I left the French hotel industry for the American hotel industry.

Their work methods were very different from ours, which enabled us to exchange and progress together.

Besides, they made me feel pretty confident which opened up other opportunities within the hotel, something that would have been unlikely in a hotel in France without the experience of the workplace.

I returned bilingual and I work to this day as a concierge in small Parisian palace, thanks to my stay in Lexington.

I experienced an UNFORGETTABLE experience both professionally an personally.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved in these exchanges.





No comments:

Post a Comment