Promoting peace through mutual respect, understanding and cooperation - one community, one individual at a time.

Monday, November 28, 2016

#GivingTuesday - How this will benefit our program

 How your #GivingTuesday donation can help our program

#GivingTuesday will be here tomorrow.  With money raised from #GivingTuesday, Lexington Sister Cities will be able to provide students and teachers with more opportunities to participate and benefit from our student exchange programs.  But what does that mean?  How will your donation benefit our programs?

We'd like to show you how.

Your donation can help to provide scholarships for students to participate in our student exchange programs.  

Lexington Sister Cities offers financial scholarships for students for each of our student exchange program.  These scholarships are need-based only and are not given out for academic reasons or other merits.

Your donation can help to provide opportunities for teacher to teacher exchanges.  

For the past 3 years, a teacher from Locust Trace AgriScience School has chaperoned our Shinhidaka Student Exchange as an exchange with the Shizunai Agriculture School.  Teachers and students from each school are able to meet, exchange topics and ideas, and further an educational relationship between the two schools.

Students making pancakes at Shizunai Agriculture School.
Locust Trace teacher Kathleen Magsam learning calligraphy while in Shinhidaka.  

Your donation can help to provide tour and activity opportunities for students visiting Lexington. 

The 2016 Lexington-Newmarket Student Exchange group visit Bi-Water Farm and pick pumpkins.

Your donation can be part of a life-changing experience.  

"Best experience of my life both as a student and as an adult." - Amy Shropshire

"We (both children and family) were positively impacted by the Sister Cities Student Exchange Program and feel we have expanded our family." - Amber Colley, Shinhidaka Student Exchange 2013, County Kildare Student Exchange 2014

"I can, without a doubt, say that Sister Cities has changed my life for the better." - Mariah Mowbray, Shinhidaka Student Exchange 2010, County Kildare Student Exchange 2011, Newmarket Student Exchange 2012

"All the programs I participated in with Sister Cities have changed the direction of my life." - Barton Lynch, Deauville Student Exchange 2010, Calvados Internship 2013, Deauville Teaching Assistant 2016-2017

"I left [France] with lifelong memories and several new friends.  I still talk to some of my friends regularly, and I plan on returning to France to see them again.  This exchange has given me 14 reasons to keep studying French; they each live in Deauville, France." - Dustin Summers, Deauville Student Exchange 2016

"The Shinhidaka student exchange has been an impactful experience, and one that I will never forget.  it gave me new found confidence in myself and helped me make amazing connections with American and Japanese students." - Caili Harris, Shinhidaka Student Exchange 2016

"This was one of the best things I've ever experienced.  It opened up my mind to what I want to do after high school and made me realize I want to travel a lot when I'm older." - Priscilla Portwood, Shinhidaka Student Exchange 2016

"Our son has participated in two Sister Cities exchange programs.  The experiences he has had have helped him mature and grow in ways we could have never imagined." - Cathy May, mom of Shinhidaka Student Exchange 2015 and County Kildare Student Exchange 2016 participant

"Making friends and memories while being able to experience a new culture is one of the best choices I have ever made." - Chandler Hendren, County Kildare Student Exchange 2016

"I'm grateful for these opportunities that have given me not only academic and professional skills, but also human experiences that have shaped the person I am today." - Aurore Dary, Deauville Student Exchange 2008, UK-Deauville Scholarship Recipient 2013-2014, Calvados Internship 2015

To donate to the Lexington Sister Cities #GivingTuesday campaign, visit the website below on Tuesday, November 29th.  The link will be available from midnight-midnight.  If you would prefer to donate by check, please send those to our office with "Giving Tuesday" on the memo line.


We hope you will be able to donate to our program this #GivingTuesday.  Thank you for your support of Lexington Sister Cities.  


No comments:

Post a Comment